Monday 28 March 2016

Easter Monday in Dublin City - Celebrating the Rising

Our bank holiday here started out with a Tabata Workout that Ciaran had done up for me in order to get somewhat in shape for Key West. I had to search for my runners......they hadn't seen the light of day for some time :-( 

I skipped for the warm up which was tough and let's say it got me very warm!!

But all in all I felt good getting the workout in and am going to stick with it until my holiday in Florida.


After breakfast, we walked in to town to see all the 1916 Celebrations. We went through Stephens Green where there was lots going on and was very busy. We then made our way down to the GPO on O'Connell Street. I posed for a pic beside this letter box which has been painted red to promote the opening of a new museum in the General Post Office (GPO). Post boxes in Ireland are green usually (the red would have been painted over as soon as we became a free State) - click here to see my pics in a past blog. 

After taking in all of the atmosphere in the city we dropped the dog home and drove down to Starbucks in Waterloo Road where we read and chilled for a few hours.

Later I cooked a dinner of burgers (no bun for me) with sweet potato wedges which was extremely tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think