Sunday 6 March 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all Irish Mammies!

It's Mother's Day here in Ireland so I called over to my mam this morning with some gifts.

Here she is reading the card I got her. I wish I took a picture of it as it was not an actual Mother's Day Greeting Card but was instead a black & white photo of Ireland in the 1920's. It was a photo of a shop in Waterford (where my mother's family is from) called "Patricia's" with the ladies who work in the shop standing in the front of the shop in their uniforms of white "shop coats" over their everyday clothes. I thought it was the perfect card for her due to the family connection to Waterford and also her second name (baptism name) being Patricia!

The gifts I bought her included a nice bouquet of flowers, a box of Butler's chocolates and an adorable little Carolyn Donnelly butter dish which I think will look great on the table at Easter time!


If you are a mother I wish you the best today and I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think