Wednesday 11 March 2015

The Rewrite - Hugh Grant & Marisa Tomei

I borrowed a new Hugh Grant film from the library and we watched it yesterday evening.  I've been a big fan of Hugh Grant since Four Weddings.

He seems to have become typecast as a washed up/failed songwriter, singer and now in "The Rewrite" as a screenwriter.  I have no problem with this as I think it is a format that suits him and I think he was perfect as the writer of a one hit wonder in "About a boy" and even more perfect as an ex-popstar in "Music & Lyrics" which just happens to be a favourite go-to film of mine along with "The Family Stone".

So what about this new film?
Well it's not going to set the film world on fire but it is certainly watchable and I was thankful that it was not overly cliched in regards to him getting the girl.

So if you are a Hugh Grant fan, I'd definitely recommend but if you aren't well you can probably put it to the back of your to be watched list!

3 comments:

  1. love Hugh Grant, so this would be a one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: interesting film. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was not even the writer of a one-hit in ABaB. His father was!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think