Monday 17 June 2013

Sarabeth's

Sunday night is fried chicken night in Sarabeth's.  Chicken, that was Soaked in buttermilk for 24 hrs, just about everyone in the restaurant was eating it!  


We ordered a Chilean Merlot which was very good or "mealy" as I described it to Ciaran!





For starters, we split the calamari.


For main Ciaran had the chicken (no surprise!) while I had the meatloaf (no comparison with meatloaf in 7 Fish)






All followed by a very rich "real old fashioned" chocolate pudding - it was so good!!

Sarabeths is consistently good.  Ciaran is a big fan!

4 comments:

  1. First, you look fabulous.

    Second... you eat FRIED CHICKEN in Ireland?????

    The chocolate looks great, the calamari... not so good (ugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Ann, I'm still on vacation in the States. You're right we don't commonly eat fried chicken in restaurants in Ireland!

      Delete
  2. That calamari looks like octopus. Those rings were too big. Was it tough? You do look fabulous, "mealy" as I described to Ciaran. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciaran thought the calamari was tough, but I didn't think so.

      "Mealy" is my new way of describing wine that are tasty - it's like a meal in your mouth!

      Delete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think