Wednesday 5 June 2013

Smartie goes through the wringer

Testing times for the Smart Car

Every 2 years we have to take our cars to be tested to ensure they are roadworthy and safe.  The testing takes place in NCT centres all over the country.

Your car's emissions get checked along with lots of other things.  I really hate when the put my car up on a piece of machinery and shake it all about!

Why do all the staff get such a laugh from my power machine?! It always gets a lot of attention!!!



I should mention that I paid €55 for the pleasure  of getting my car prodded.  Then they found an issue with my lights so I have to come back after getting them fixed for a retest which will cost me €28.  I have the car booked in to the garage this Friday but I can't get a retest until 3 weeks and the only appointment available was on Sunday.....*Groan*
I will see if I can get a more suitable date on a cancellation.  

Does your government test your car like this?

BTW, my fail issue was very minor - some cars are deemed unroadworthy and the owners aren't allowed drive them home!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I know why they do it... and we used to have a rule here that if a car was sold, it HAD to be tested to make sure it could be licensed by the new owner. I haven't bought anything but new in the last few years, so am not sure if that is still in effect. But the expenses! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really want me to comment on whether or not I think a smart car is roadworthy? I think I drove over a few of them on the way to work this morning. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think