Saturday 29 June 2013

Bretzel Bakery

While we were in Key West, we cycled to the Eaton Bakery for breakfast most mornings.  Their freshly pastries were delicious, the coffee was good and they also had freshly squeezed orange juice.

Now that we are home in Ireland I wanted to recreate that lovely start to the day.  So this morning after dropping a pair of Ciaran's shoes to the cobbler and calling in to the vet with Bones, we walked to the Bretzel Bakery in Portobello.  It is a bakery that has been around since 1870 and it's in the Jewish Quarter of Dublin and is also a kosher bakery.

I was impressed when I saw the place and when I first entered the shop.  However I quickly became disappointed. They had no apple Danish and they didn't do coffee.  

I got a pain au chocolate and Ciaran got an almond croissant.  We then walked to Nick's for coffee where we sat outside and ate the pastries. Omg, further disappointment.  The pastries were doughy and tasteless. They should have been light and buttery but they were not one but.  It was not like KW at all.  :-(

But it means that I get to choose another bakery next weekend!!



Bones sitting patiently outside




Look at the size of the pain au chocolates!! (That is about the only positive thing I can say about them)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think