Friday 14 June 2013

7 Fish

7 Fish is one of our favourite restaurants in KW.  Over the past few years we have generally eaten here on our last night (on the advice of our friends from PA).

Yesterday evening we booked to sit at the teeny bar that seats 4.  We were served by Fred who revealed that he owns Flaming Buoy with his partner.  How coincidental - we visited there the previous night!

We started with a Warm Grouper Sushi Roll to start.  These were extremely tasty but Ciaran felt like it was a mind game - warm sushi.

For main I had their special Hog Fish Curry.  Light, fragrant, gingery with perfectly cooked vegetables.

Ciaran ordered the excellent meatloaf.  A huge portion of Mom Food!!  

For dessert we split the most amazing gooey brownie with Flamingo Crossing Tahaitian Vanilla Ice cream.  

There were other dessert options including a sweet potato pie and some type of strawberry pie that we couldn't even consider as they had walnuts in the crust.  I am allergic to walnuts - quite severely so I don't like to sit near anyone eating walnuts and I would also be afraid to kiss Ciaran if he had eaten them.


We had a tasty Chilean Merlot with dinner.  The food in 7 Fish is spot on and consistently good.  My only gripe would be that I don't like their black plates.  I'd love if they changed to white - but I think this is a minor criticism!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think