Monday 13 April 2020

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was far chillier than the day before and the dog was feeling very off so we decided not to take him out for a walk and to have a chilled day instead.  We planned to get dinner from Rasoi and watch the movie "Parasite"

And that's what we did!

Rasoi was really good and I ordered enough to have leftovers for today also.
"Parasite" was just brilliant. What a storyline it fascinated me and held my attention for the whole time.  It was definitely an Oscar worthy winner. It had so much going for it, it was funny but then so despicable in parts and kind of charming too. Along with the bizarre twists it was quite the watch.

In the afternoon, treated myself to a coffee with Brandy and Creme de Cacao (hey, it was Easter after all). It was a sort of mash up between a French Coffee and a Brandy Alexander and was a nice little pick me up!


I was seriously moved by the 1916 Rising commemorations that were shown on the RTE news. You can see more about it here.
Something really got to me when I saw a solitary President and Mrs Higgins laying a wreath in Aras an Uachtarain and by the time the stripped back ceremony in the GPO Courtyard was shown, I was in tears. 
The enormity of the situation gripped me so strongly and apprehensions of how we would ever get going again and back to where we were, played so heavily on my mind. It was difficult to see it ending well. But I pushed through and made myself see the positives.  

We will do it, we will get through this and we will overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think