Saturday 4 April 2020

What I do be doing these days.....

Here's some of the things I've been getting up to or as we might say in Ireland "What I do be doing"!

Shopping locally:
We walked to The Village Butcher in Ranelagh after both working from home on Friday. On Captain Gerry's (our friend that we sail with) recommendation we bought wings and I also got some BBQ sauce and beef dripping.

I can report that the wings tasted great after cooking them for over an hour later on that evening.
We've been eating Rhubarb Tart very kindly baked by our neighbour. In exchange we will buy them the Sunday newspapers and leave them on their doorstep first thing tomorrow morning. When the tart was handed over it was done with the correct social distance, a text arrived to say our neighbour had something for us. Ciaran went out the front and the tart was placed on the wall and then our neighbour stepped back and Ciaran stepped in and took it. They then spoke to each other from a distance.

Seriously, is there anything nicer than a present of a homemade bake?!



I was very recently introduced to The Felice Brothers and I'm really enjoying listening to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think