Thursday 9 April 2020

Spring has sprung

Before we started working from home this morning we took a little walk in Ranelagh Gardens which is a couple of minutes away from our house. It was bright, quiet and there was the cutest little family of ducklings swimming along with their mother. I shared a live video on Facebook and not only was it cute to look at but the sounds of the duck quacking and birds tweeting in the background was so lovely.

During the day my sister who lives in The Hague texted a quote from the Dutch Prime Minister where he said he thought there was zero chance of things returning to normal soon and that people should get used to the "new normal" until Summer at least. 
And then a little later I saw the news that Debenhams had gone in to liquidation and their shops in Ireland would not be reopening. Desperate news with a loss of many jobs.  Debenhams had some stores in prime sites in including Henry Street and the Blanchardstown Centre and I often stopped in to the one in Blackrock on my way home from work and bought items that I had reserved online before visiting.

After work, we walked to Ranelagh and did a mini beer run in Redmonds. We were served by a friendly guywho was wearing a Sierra Nevada neck scarf which I admired. He said it was perfect for in these times and indicated how he could pull it up over his mouth! 

And so Thursday leads us in to what is probably going to be the strangest Easter ever. 

Stay safe, stay well and stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think