Sunday 26 April 2020

Sunday in the City

I sure am glad that we lives less than 2km away from Dublin City. It means that we can go to Stephens Green or Grafton and still adhere to government guidance to stay within 2km of your home place.

This morning, we took a cycle in to Grafton Street to shop for groceries in Marks & Spencer. 




We were both impressed by how M&S were managing social distancing. There was one entrance in and one out along with sanitizing wipes for use as you entered.  I reckon we will be back again next weekend as it felt very calm and it didn't give me anxiety the way Supervalu and Lidl do.  We were also able to get our favourite things like sweet pepper hummus.....oh and I also bought this little mini prosecco because it's GOLD!!!

However, aside from the shopping in M&S being very pleasant, the walk down from where we had locked the bikes felt very surreal. We left our bikes up at the Stephens Green Shopping Centre but if we go in another time I think we will cycle down Dawson Street and lock the bikes at the side of Marks & Spencers.

Here is photos of some of the closed up shops on Grafton Street, with many of them boarded up. 



 
I never noticed what a fine building Monsoon is in - it's magnificent!
You have to wonder when they will all be open again and if we will ever shop like we used to without a one way in, one way out system......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think