Friday 10 April 2020

Let them eat Bread!

After days searching for yeast and plain flour (I had Self Raising flour in my press) I finally was able to source same and bake bread!!

I got the yeast in Lidl and the plain flour in Supervalu. The flour is Odlums brand which I see from the packaging has been milling in Ireland since 1845!
 I followed the "Jenny Can Cook" recipe which I have put a link to down below.
It's ridiculously easy - the only difficult thing about it is the amount of time that you need to give to the initial proof - but that's only 3 hours.
While it was on the second proof - about 40 mins or so, I put my Le Creuset "Dutch Oven" in to the oven to heat up. I barely use this pot - I think the only thing I cook in it is roast chicken, so I was glad to use it to make bread.
Here's the result of my efforts!!

Gorgeous tasty bread which was effortless to make.  I will definitely make it again soon.
And of course you can imagine what I topped it with......Yup, a big smathering of Kerrygold butter!


If you want to make your own bread, here's the recipe I used (and Yes, that is Jenny of Jenny Jones fame!)

Click below to watch the YouTube tutorial

On my next bread making adventure, I am thinking I may add some extra ingredients to the bread - sun dried tomatoes perhaps, or maybe something like rosemary to make herb bread or perhaps even cheese?! Hmmmm I'll have a good think about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think