Friday 19 February 2021

A wrap up of the week here in Malaga

Wrap up of the week

Spanish Class

So here's a little bit of what I've been getting up to during the week.

On Monday we were back in No Piqui for our Spanish class with Speak and Learn. While the city was closed down for a little bit, the class went online but we didn't partake as we prefer to do face to face. It was good to get back to the class with teacher Clara and one other student (who happens to be Irish too!) and get down to speaking a bit of Spanish. There is only 4 in the class including the teacher as no more than four people can be at a table in a cafe or restaurant under Covid regulations. Along with this once a week Spanish class we do a couple of hours ourselves online every morning. It seems to all be working, although progress is slow and my frustration level is high!

Padel

I went to Padel class on Thursday and talk about frustration here too!!  It's a bit like the Spanish class, progress is slow at improving my padel too.  But in fairness, I like it A LOT!! It's great fun and it's good to meet Spanish people in such a relaxed setting. And it's also a good workout and makes me move for an hour along with the cycle to the courts and back (about 10 mins each way).

Keto doings

Following on from the other day's keto post, here's what I made tor us to eat and stay keto

Homemade mayonnaise - this isn't actually a keto recipe so you can just use any mayonnaise recipe. I just used a room temperature egg yolk and a spoonful of dijon mayonnaise with some lemon juice and salt. I then whisked this before slowly slowly slowly adding drips of olive oil while whisking. Did I mention that I added the oil slowly.

A nut and olive oil mix is probably best but I couldn't find any nut oils so just used all olive oil. I had two different olive oils in my kitchen so I tasted both and used the one that I preferred the taste of.

The other thing that I made was Almond Flour Keto Bread after searching all over for Almond Flour and finally finding it in Mercadona. The Keto Bread recipe that I used is this one here on Keto Connect.

Both the mayonnaise and bread taste so good, particularly the mayonnaise. I am thinking that the mayonnaise could be mixed with egg or chicken in order have a nice open sandwich on a slice of the keto bread. The keto bread is very eggy as mentioned in the recipe so I will probably make the other keto bread that I generally make with coconut flour. See here for this really easy recipe.


Another thing I made for the very first time was meatloaf!!  Wow what a revelation - why have I never tried this before?!  It's massively tasty and filling and I served it with brocolli along with a creamy sauce that I made with the meat juice from the meatloaf. Meatloaf is going to become a regular thing that I make, I reckon.  I made it using a combo of the recipes on this video - probably with more of the second recipe than the first.

As you can see from the pic below, I doubled up on the dish so we will be eating meatloaf two days in a row!



Plans for the weekend

It will be a weekend of quizzing. Tonight Ciaran is taking part in a Squash themed online quiz which I will give him a hand with - however, I think I will be a hindrance more than a help on this as to be honest I know practically zilch about squash.

Then on Saturday night (7.30pm Irish time) we will do our regular quiz ran by Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Libraries. It's open to all so if you want to join in, just send an email to libraryquiz@dlrcoco.ie to sign up. This week's theme is "the 21st Century". We generally finish about mid table so let's see how we go this week.

On Saturday, I'll be back volunteering in Cudeca charity shop for the morning and in the afternoon I may suggest to Ciaran that we go out for a little glass of wine and a tapas. If we do go somewhere we will make sure we sit outside as this is definitely the safest thing to do......or on the other hand, we can stay on our balcony and crank up the bbq and make some tapas at home - angels on horseback (bacon wrapped dates are always delish....but unfortunately not keto).

Let me know how you are getting on in the comment box below, what's your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think