Wednesday 3 February 2021

Cheered up by the Garda Jerusalem Challenge

Malaga on restrictions

As I wrote yesterday Malaga is now on restrictions with shops and restaurants closed for the next 2 weeks. I anticipated it being worse than it actually is but there is still a fair bit open here in the city with Coffee shops serving take away coffees (definitely essential!) along with the panaderias selling bread. There are also other essential services like phone repair shops and hairdressers still open.

Garda Jerusalem Challenge

I was feeling a little down in the dumps yesterday with all of the Covid goings on but I was really cheered up by watching the Irish Gardai (police force) rise to the Jerusalem Challenge along with the Swiss Police Force and others. The music is great and the backdrop of the Irish scenery looks gorgeous......oh and there is also dancing horses!!!  Dancing horses, I needn't say any more - but there is also some traditional Irish dancing.

Have a look at it here:


Yesterday I shared pics of the streets 10 minutes before all the cafes, bars and restaurants had to close for 2 weeks.

Today I took more pics from the same spots and will put them down below, side by side, so you can compare the difference.

Calle Granada


Calle Caldereria


Calle Calderia - up near Plaza de Uncibay   


As you can see there is considerably less people around the streets which should hopefully bring down the numbers. Additionally I think the not selling of alcohol in bars and restaurants will be particularly helpful.

Let's see how it goes and fingers crossed there will be no extension of restrictions beyond the two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think