Monday 1 February 2021

Dog Friendly Malaga

Dogs welcome!

Having seen a lady in S'Fera the other day with a little Bichon, I wondered whether dogs were allowed in this clothes shop. I suspected they were because the lady was not holding her dog in her arms but instead was letting the dog walk around on its lead.

Today I was going in to S'Fera and was planning on leaving Bones outside with Ciaran when I noticed a sign in the window.

This is the sign:

Dog friendly Malaga - dogs welcome in S'Fera

"Best Dogs" welcome!

The sign reads that your best dog is allowed in the store. In small print at the bottom it says that the dog has to be less than 10kg or if it is bigger it has to be in a container (or I guess a baby stroller - of which you do see lots of older dogs being carried in, here in Malaga)

Bones the shi tzu wandering around the ladies clothes store S'Fera in MalagaDogs welcomed in to shops in Malaga

Dogs on terraces

Dogs are welcomed in to most cafes (outside on their terrace) in Malaga but I was pleasantly surprised to know that they are also welcome in to some clothes stores too. After bringing Bones with us all the way from Ireland to Spain on the plane it is nice that he can get to enjoy most of Malaga too rather than constantly being left sitting outside of shops. Click here to read about how Bones travelled from Ireland.

Additionally for shops, allowing dogs in is possibly bringing in extra revenue as many dog owners may pass up going in and spending money in shops if they don't feel safe leaving their dogs outside. Bringing the dog in to the shop with them allows them to browse in a relaxed manner and buy a few items if they want.

I'm not sure why I am so surprised to see dogs being let in to clothes shops. The charity shop I volunteer in on Saturday mornings, lets dogs of any size in and it is common to see multiple dogs in the shop at the one time. I guess I didn't think that new clothes shops would be so welcoming!

Let me know, what do you think of dogs in shops?  Or do tell if you have been allowed to bring your dog in to some places where you didn't expect and were pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think