Sunday 21 February 2021

Keto Supplies

Saturday in the City

On Saturday I took a little trek around the city to pick up a few Keto supplies. I have only found Almond Flour in Corte Ingles and Mercadona. I know it also for sale in El Hombre del Saco (it's one of those plastic free bring your own container places) but that is closed on Saturday afternoons so I will visit it some other day.

Almond Flour

Anyone it was off to Mercadona with me for almond flour (which are really just ground almonds) as it is cheaper than Corte Ingles. That was stop no. 1

Coconut Oil

My next stop off was in Aldi where I got some Coconut Oil from their organic section. I haven't seen this for sale anywhere so I was glad to get the last jar on the shelf!!

Coconut Flour

And then it was on to Corte Ingles where I bought a bag of Coconut Flour. In most supermarkets there are a variety of flours for sale but not generally Coconut Flour. This bag was just over €4 which compares well to the cost of Coconut Flour that I bought in Ireland.

Coconut Flour Bread

It was cold and rainy here in Malaga so it was the perfect day to get down to a little baking with the supplies that I bought yesterday. As I mentioned I made Keto Bread the other day with the almond flour but found it to be a bit eggy so the Coconut Flour bread is a better option. It turned out perfectly and slices beautifully - I put some in the freezer for over the next few days.

Roasted Almonds

I also roasted some almonds on coconut oil along with salt and pepper. Incredible!!
This was the first time I roasted almonds and I am seriously impressed how they taste. They actually taste too good - so good that you can't stop!

Dr Perter Brukner talks low carb

And if you want to know more about Keto have a look at this video and head off down the rabbit hole on Youtube....then let me know, what you think about it, in the comment box below


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think