Saturday 20 February 2021

Glorious vintage!!!

Vintage Barbies and Juan Fernandiz

Special Edition Barbie Dolls

As I've mentioned before, I volunteer in a charity shop here in Malaga on Saturdays. Today when I arrived in to work I found the most wonderful things on display in the window - vintage and special edition Barbie dolls! I adore vintage Barbies (I put one at the top of my Christmas tree every year( but my twin sister more so - see her blog here about her Barbie collection.

The two special edition Barbies sold within an hour or two of the shop opening, while another Barbie (one with amazing real-like eyelashes) sold soon after. I am glad I got pictures of them before they sold. The Barbie in the blue dress is actually a special edition "Barbie Benefit Ball" featuring cosmetics company Benefit.

Benefit Barbie Doll


Juan Ferrándiz Vintage Books

Other donations for sale included these amazing vintage Juan Ferrándiz children's books. I'm not sure if you can see in the photos but the books include extra plastic items on the books. Look at the book about the tailor - you can see a plastic scissors hanging off the book. They are seriously cute and I would have loved to buy one or two - but I held back as I am only temporarily here in Spain so I don't want to have to buy things that I then have to lug back to Ireland. You can read more about the writer illustrator Juan Ferrándiz here 

Here's a batch of pics that I took of these cute little books. They were only put in to the window just before the store closed. But I imagine they will sell quickly on Monday morning when it reopens. If you are interested in them, get down to Cudeca in Plaza de Merced on Monday at 10am!

Vintage Juan Ferrándiz cat book
I love this cat with his little 3D bell around his neck - if I was buying one of these books, this is the one that I would probably buy


I think the first book is about a Traffic Police Officer - he has a little plastic whistle. As I mentioned the tailor has the little scissor and the character on the right of the pic has a bunch of keys while the Flamenco dancer doesn't seem to have any extras.
Look at the car driver in the centre - she has little plastic shades on her head!
And then the motor cyclist also has a pair of shades.  This book featuring two people on a Vespa was another of my favourites.
Look you can see the whistle here. They are a really cute collection of books with some of them having a more retro look (probably the cat and vespa are most retro looking and this is why I like those ones the best)

And here is the little character with his scissor while the lady on the right has her bunch of keys.  

Let me know in the comment box below if you were aware of the illustrator Juan Ferrándiz - this was my first encounter with his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think