Wednesday 24 February 2021

Helvetik - a newly opened café in Malaga

Helvetik in Malaga

Great to see a new café open here in Malaga. It's Helvetik and is located on Calle San Juan (in what I think was formerly an ice cream shop). I look forward to trying their coffee!

The front entrance to a cafe with black windows and branding and a sign for Helvetik Cafe

Almond Coconut Chocolate Keto Bark (with sugar free Valor Chocolate)

So for the first time ever I made Chocolate Bark! 

I had seen this sugar free very dark chocolate by Valor in my local Carrefour and wondered what it was like and what I could make from it. Valor is a famous brand of Spanish chocolate and when I looked closer at the packaging I saw that it was made with Stevia in place of sugar. I'm intrigued by Stevia and wondered what it would be like in the chocolate.......oh and I also love dark chocolate!

In order to make the bark, I melted two bars of the chocolate (it broke up so beautifully with an excellent chocolate "snap" sound) and then added roasted and salted almonds along with a small bit of shredded coconut. I then sprinkled the top with a bit of salt for more flavour.

Here is how it turned out

A hand holding chocolate bark in front of a pile of almond chocolate bark


This is the packaging of the sugar-free chocolate - look out for it in your local store, or you can probably buy it online

Here's the nutritional info for the chocolate (per 100g)

Energy - 568 kcal

Fat - 49g (31g of which saturates)

Carbohydrate - 19g (o.5g of which sugars)

Protein - 11g

Little Treat

It tasted absolutely delicious - we had a little bit after our OMAD dinner yesterday evening. A really nice treat and there is a big stack in the freezer now so we can have a little bit every time we want a little treat.

Check this out!

I like the look of these Peanut Bars.  Peanut flour is a new one on me. Have YOU heard of it?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think