Sunday 14 February 2021

And suddenly, just like that, we are back open....

Open Malaga 

On Thursday after my Padel class (which I wore a mask for), I heard that shops and restaurants were opening back up from Saturday here in Malaga.


And so on Saturday, I was back volunteering in the Cudeca Charity Shop and then afterwards we went out for a late lunch and glass of wine, well, just because we could.

It was pretty busy about town but there was a big police presence (look in the background of the pic of me) probably to ensure all of the bars were closed by 6pm - which they always are.  In fairness, they tend to start closing well before time and are always finished serving and shut up by closing time. It felt safe for us given that we ate outside.


A new restriction that has been introduced is that only wine or beer can be bought after 6pm. I had heard that there was going to be restrictions on buying alcohol and had anticipated that that would be for all alcohol. But the Spanish way seems to be a restriction on "hard liquor" and not vino y cervesas. 

There is still travel restrictions and people can only travel from one region to the next if they have a reason too.

Let's see what happens next, it is very different from the lockdown that is currently ongoing in Ireland and was extended from a March 5th finish date to sometime in April. Numbers are running at about 1,000 a day so still too high to open up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Let me know what you think